Thursday 16 July 2009

What you don't know about me :-)


My friend Julie over at Bellabelle Dolls gave me this award a couple of days ago...thanks Julie :-)



Now the rules of this one are that I have to list 10 things about myself that you don't know. Hmmm...lets see :-)

1. I talk in my sleep all the while. Drives Mick nuts and amuses him at the same time. Many times he'll strike up a conversation with me while I am sleeping just for the fun of it. I also hum in my sleep....not tunes just solid notes...now that does drive Mick crazy. He often suggests separate rooms for us and he isn't joking :-) Must be genetic as my Son is just the same.

2. When I was 16 or so my Dad said he'd buy Mick a drum kit if he would dump me. What a trade huh :-)

3. I want to do charity work somewhere in Africa. I applied to a bunch of places before I moved here but you wouldn't believe how difficult it is to get to volunteer at these places.

4. My Grandmother did a lot of missionary work and is responsible for my insatiable desire to save the world. Some of my earliest memories involve me collecting and counting half pennies to give to Cliff Richard.

5. If I could do anything I wanted I would want to be able to sculpt...my head is full of sculpting ideas and it makes my head hurt. I truly wish I had the money to take a class or even buy some of the tutorial DVD's out there...but for now I'll be happy with what I can find on You Tube and the internet..

6. My Dad was a drag racer and my weekends as a child were spent at some race track or in a biker bar.

7. When I was pregnant, I planned on naming my baby Tallulah Belle if it was a girl....I had a boy.

8. I have not driven a car since I moved to the USA 5 years ago.

9. I don't like going to the movies. I went to the movies on my first day here to see 'Once Upon A Time in America'....but only because I met up with some military Brits and there was beer involved. Before that I have no idea...on our first date Mick and I was going to see ET...showing my age now...I was 15 :-) There was a line and we couldn't be bothered so went to the pub instead. So the time before was pre 1982.

And now for the most shocking......

10. I cannot get excited over Harry Potter. I read the first 3 books or so when they came out but don't have the HP itch like many of you. Give me Lord of The Rings any day. I do however, love seeing you all get excited over the new movie !


Oh and here is a bonus fact...

I experienced my first California earthquake while I was sitting on the toilet :-)


Now I get to pass this award on to 5 other bloggers ...so here goes.....

Jodi from Creager Studios

Debie from Piskies & Poppets

Susan from Dollhouse Diaries

Wendie from Wendies Mini World

Kat from Little Thoughts from an Average Mind


C'mon you guys...fess up :-)




6 comments:

  1. Awwwwwww thank you so much Jayne. I wished you live closer, for I would happily teach you. I started off just making faces/heads with eyes closed its easier. Dont start out with the idea that you have to have something worth keeping when you start. I still put dolls in the bin LOL. Katherine Deweys sculpting book is by far the best for faces, Jamie Carringtons Book for hands and of course Jodi Creagers U Tube videos are full of good advice. Eventually you will develop your own style. Lots of pictures to look at and study. But most of all have fun with it.
    Mini Hugs

    Debie xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome :-)

    Worst thing is if I hadn't left home I would only be round the corner from you lol. Why didn't I start this years ago :-)

    I have Katherine's and Jamie's books already....plus a few more....I've been wanting to do this for a long long time.

    And I have Jodi's You Tube videos bookmarked as well :-)

    I find the videos best of all....hopefully I can figure it out from Jodi's clips....she makes it look so easy lol.

    As for starting with something worth keeping. ..well my biggest problem is getting things right...I get so annoyed with myself if I can't do it first time....after all how hard can it be to shape a piece of clay lol. Wrong attitude I know but that is me and i need to get over myself.

    I did make a start on a male a way back...pics are on here somewhere if you search for prisoner. But he wasn't perfect and I messed and messed until I put him away. Then of course with the heat here he just cracked up....and so did I :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, my mom was on the pot during a quake too! It was hilarious! We teased her for weeks! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how funny Jill....yeah I got teased for a while too.

    I wondered what was going on...the toilet just fell away from me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I feel the Earth move under my seat...I feel the sky tumblin' down, tumblin' doooown....":-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Patti...you crack me up...ROFLMAO !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :-)