Wednesday 22 December 2010



It has been a while :-)

I've actually been meaning to post sooner but have been manic sorting out Christmas shopping and the like. I used to love it when I lived back home but here, not only do I have to find the right gifts, I have to make sure they are small enough and light enough so that shipping doesn't cost a fortune. Then the delight of packing them all up and standing in line at the Post office.

If you bought anything from me in 2010 you should by now have received a gift from me. Just a small token of my thanks for your business. Without you I wouldn't be here blogging. If, for any reason, you've not received it please email me.

Being so far from home and my family and friends, Christmas over here is a quiet and often sad affair.

This year I did decide that I was going to do some decorating for Christmas even if it was only a small amount. 

I managed to get a gorgeous wreath and garland on sale....$15 for both instead of about $200...impressive huh.

I also bought some adorable tiny white ceramic birds and decorated the wreath and garland with them.








It looks so pretty lit up. I am such a simple person sometimes...a few twinkly white lights and I am happy :-)

In other news here we are having a doozy as a storm. It is called a pineapple express storm but that makes it sound much nicer than it is. It has rained constantly and heavily now for over a week. I've never seen rain like this anywhere I've lived.

We live in the desert yet we are on flood watch and many roads are closed due to flooding. The mountains got over 15 feet of snowfall over the weekend alone. Unfortunately the clouds are so low I've not been able to see any of it. We are in the valley so are just getting the rain.

This is my garden at the minute :-(

 


Even the poor slugs are suffering and are scaling the walls and taking shelter on the windowsills and under the eves.

Other than this there has been nothing fun happening here. A couple of dentist appointments and I am back at the dentist tomorrow ugh.   Oh well, at least I'll get a good nap out of that :-)

Sorry I've not had chance to keep up with every ones blogs. One of my resolutions for next year is to manage my time better ... we'll see how that goes lol

Have a wonderful holiday everyone
xxxx

16 comments:

  1. oh Jayne :( I have been thinking of you when I saw all the rain on the news- I'm so sad that your garden is flooded- I hope that the rain stops soon! My christmas is usually a quiet affair too with just the hubby and I so I can relate a tiny bit...but this year I will be traveling home for christmas eve :) I wish that you could too- wish I could afford to send you. I hope you and your sweetie have a Merry Christmas-big hugs to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely galand and wreath and I love your fireplace. I truly wish that your garden will dry up in a short time. Best wishes for a wonderful Christmas and a better New Year. Rosanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love and adore your Christmas decorations..they are wonderful and I'm moving in!!! lol :o))

    I have seen California's weather on our news...the rain and that snow! I know other states in the US have been suffering too. I did wonder how you were coping with all that rain!!!

    I will email you before Christmas...I AM well overdue! lol

    Wishing you both a wonderful Christmas Jayne and thank YOU! ;o))

    Michelle xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jayne,

    Your christmas decorations are wonderful and truly magical when all lit up. I hope you both have a lovely christmas :)

    Take care in that rain, I hope some of your seeds germinate :)

    Christmas Hugs,
    Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. J'aime beaucoup la guirlande de la cheminée .
    Joyeux noël malgré toute cette pluie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh it seems so strange to me in England that you are liivng in desert country but struggling with floods! In a few months your garden will be gasping I expect.
    I absolutely adore your mantle decoration. The lighting is gorgeous. What a shame you can't think about getting back for Christmas, or that your family are unable to join you. We forget I think that Christmas can also be a sad time.
    I hope you re-gain a little christmas sparkle and have a quiet but nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas Jayne! Your mantel looks beautiful. Hopefully the rain will stop soon.

    Victoria ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you a safe and happy christmas, make your own small christmas warm and bright. Can you skype family on Christmas Day? Love your wreath and garland.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The amount of rain is quite scary! Stay dry and warm. I know what you mean about the holidays - we are far from all of our family members. It makes it tough at times.

    I love your fireplace with all the beautiful lights!

    Merry Christmas, Jayne!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your wreath and garland are beautiful. I love how you arranged them on your mantle and above the fireplace and added the lights! Have a wonderful Christmas and I hope the rain stops for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The fireplace looks gorgeous! Hoping your weather improves Jayne! I have my parcel under the tree thankyou so much!! Have a wonderful Christmas Love Kate xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jayne, your Christmas decorations are beautiful, love them!
    Take care! I hope the weather will be better today?
    Wish you a wonderful Christmas.
    Big hugs ,
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your decor Jayne! Sometimes its just a few little things that can make us feel better. I hope the rain goes away before Christmas... hugs, ara

    ReplyDelete
  14. MERRY CHRISTMAS JAYNE, MAY ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  15. ‎*★Merry★* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
    •。★Christmas★ 。* 。
    ° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
    ˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
    ˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ |田田|門| ˚And a Happy New Year 2011•˚ *★...~ ~˚ *★ ˚ *˚ *★˚ *★˚ *★

    ReplyDelete
  16. la navidad es una epoca especial y tu decoración es estupenda, aunque lo mejor es que esas luces blancas de tu chimenea sean suficiente para que seas felíz.
    Un abrazo
    Maite

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :-)